- The Opinion Pages, Girls in STEM Fields
- The Opinion Pages, ‘Lullaby’
- Ed Yong, What You Can Learn From Hunter-Gatherers’ Sleeping Patterns
- Joe Coscarelli, Poo Bear, Speaking Softly and Carrying a Bieber Comeback
- (Sounds like such a sweetie!) “I don’t even like attention like that — it’s not my thing,” a soft-spoken Poo Bear (born Jason Boyd) recalled with insuppressible excitement the following week. *
- Freidy Reiss, America’s Child-Marriage Problem
- “The solution is relatively simple. State legislators should eliminate the archaic legal exceptions that allow children to wed. This is the only way to end child and forced marriage in the United States.”*
- Oy, so, so sad, all around. I don’t know how I got into this rabbit hole, but it’s got me and I feel a lot of sympathy for both women.
- Hard to watch: Retro Report, The Nanny Murder Trial
- Ouch! Jill Provost, Control Your Crush
- “When crushing on a guy, Kirshenbaum says, the first question to ask yourself is “Why now?” Crushes often pop up when we’re bracing ourselves against change. “They’re a sign that you need to assess what’s going on–real or imagined–in your life, and start sorting things out,” Kirshenbaum says.” *
- “Crushes are often a mid-crisis coping mechanism,” says couples and family therapist B. Janet Hibbs, Ph.D., co-author of Try to See It My Way: Being Fair in Love and Marriage.” *
- Retro Report, Sybil: A Brilliant Hysteric?
- Robert McMillan, Her Code Got Humans to the Moon-and Invented Software Itself
- Rhett Allain, The Most Important Rule in Science Blogs