The award winning piece of plastic, bilibo, is simple. With adult eyes, Bilibo, appears bright, pleasantly curvy and colorful, it appears innocuous. Yet, bilibo’s creator, Alex Hochstrasser, has tapped into the important opportunities related to open learning and creative play, important engineers of child development. When accessed and developed, free creativity, play, imaginative roaming bears profound influence on cognitive, emotional, scholastic growth.
Bilibo is stimulating for proprioception, motor skills, sensory systems, and probably more.
Reads & References
- Bilibo (reads) (Fat Brain Toys)
- Moluk (Small & Beautiful)
- Phyllis Richardson, Designed for Kids
- Kaleidoscope: Young Swiss Design
- Dorian Lucas, Swiss Design
- Alice Gregory, Running Free in Germany’s Outdoor Preschools
- Goddard, Who Wants to Go to a German Preschool?
- Manipulatives & Eyebeam & Feudal Play