I’ve started making this Wright Brothers Plane, the Metal Earth kit, from Fat Brain Toys. It’s great, even for the beefy fingered of us mired in the misty midst of fall blues.
In separating the pieces, I think I’ve damaged some of the parts where they are meant to hook together. It got me thinking I could create a little light project using conductive thread, something blinky and beautiful to keep the SADs at bay.
Reads & References
- Metal Earth
- Dia, Sewing with Conductive Thread
- Electric Cute
- Lily Pad Design Kit: is the coolest thing, but I think I’m going to start smaller, for now. How. Very. Cool. is the designer, Dr. Leah Buechley?
- Talks By Brilliant Women in STEM
- Becky Stern, Sewable LED Sequence (Love Becky Stern tutorials, too. So fun and clever!)
- Capacitive Touch with Conductive Fabric & Flora