Play – Paper – Kinetics
This diagram is meant to explore my focus on “Play” as a tool for growth and as the fundamental thread for a future research & build projects. I’m interested in exploring simple materials to make kinetic sculptures with paper and light.
Make paper craft an experience and large scale:
- Breathing sculpture, Flexible and printed electronics
- Study for Fifteen Points (Colossal)
The combination of paper and electronics as an interactive and physical object/tool/experience:
- Inspired by authentic Civil War era Valentines made from paper. They were intricately designed, that when unfolded, revealed simple games, patterns, and imagery not seen before.
- Can this same manipulation be replicated with simple electronics and connected devices?
Using light as a sculptural/sculpting (ephemeral) material:
- Creating impulsive light patterns, manipulating speed, quality, sources, to “paint” space, with precision.